The class meets Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11:00am to 11:50am in PC-422.
This course is the third portion of the graduate microeconomic theory sequence.
- Andreu Mas-Colell, Michael Whinston, and Jerry Green, Microeconomic Theory, Oxford University Press, New York, 1995.
- I will also make a copy of my extensive micro theory notes available to the class.
Office Hours and Contact Info
Regular office hours are 1:00-2:30pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I will be happy to make an appointment for another time if that is more convenient. My office is DM-311A, my phone number is 305-348-3287, and my email is <email@example.com>.
Exams, Homework, and Class Participation
The in-class midterm will be worth 30% of your grade. The final is worth 50% of your grade.
The mid-term is tentatively scheduled for Monday, October 14.
The final will be in our regular classroom at the officially scheduled time and date during finals week (Dec. 9-13). It will be cover material from the entire course.
Sample Midterm Exams
Sample Final Exams
Homework and Class Participation
Homework assignments and class participation will count for the remaining 20% of your grade. Homework assignments will appear here as they are made.
Answers to homework
The tentative plan is to cover roughly a chapter per week. However, we will not cover all of the material in all of the chapters, but I may add material that is not in the book. I will periodically update the list to mention the sections covered.
- Chapter 1, Preference and Choice
- Chapter 2, Consumer Choice
- Chapter 3, Classical Demand Theory
- Chapter 4, Aggregate Demand
- Chapter 5, Production
- Chapter 6, Choice under Uncertainty
- Chapter 15, General Equilibrium Theory: Some Examples
- Chapter 16, Equilibrium and Its Basic Welfare Properties
- Chapter 17, The Positive Theory of Equilibrium
- Chapter 18, Some Foundations of Competitive Equilibrium
- Chapter 19, General Equilibrium under Uncertainty
- Chapter 20, Equilibrium and Time
There are 3 scheduled holidays that affect our class. We will not meet on Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 2), Veteran's Day (Monday, Nov. 11), or during Thanksgiving Break (Friday, Nov. 29).