Eric J. von Wettberg
- Fulbright Fellow, Danish Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Copenhagen, Denmark (1999-2000)
- B.A. in Biology, Swarthmore College, Swarthmore Pennsylvania (1999)
Recent Publications [link to complete list]
Turner, T.L., Bourne, E.C., von Wettberg, E.J., Hu, T.L., and Nuzhdin, S.V. 2010 in press. Population resequencing reveals local adaptation of Arabidopsis lyrata to serpentine soils. Nature Genetics. Available online January 2010, printed March 2010.
Friesen, M.L*. and von Wettberg, E.J (2010) Adapting genomics to study the ecology and evolution of agricultural systems. Current Opinion in Plant Biology. Your browser may not support display of this image. doi:10.1016/j.pbi.2009.11.003 * Denotes equal contribution to the work
Wright, J, and von Wettberg, E.J. (2009) Serpentinomics – an emerging field of study. Northeastern Naturalist. 16(Special Issue 5): 285-296
Anten, N.P.R., von Wettberg, E.J., Pawlowski, M., and Huber, H. (2009) Interactive effects of spectral shading and mechanical stress on the expression and costs of shade avoidance. American Naturalist, 173:241-255.
Turner T.L., von Wettberg E.J., Nuzhdin S.V. (2008) Genomic analysis of differentiation between soil types reveals candidate genes for local adaptation in Arabidopsis lyrata. PLoS ONE 3(9): e3183. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0003183
von Wettberg, E.J. Remington, D.L. and Schmitt, J. 2008. Partitioning adaptation differentiation across a patchy landscape: Shade avoidance traits in Impatiens capensis. Evolution, 62, 654–667.
Tabak, N., and von Wettberg, E.J., 2008. Native and introduced Impatiens of the Northeast: parallel introductions and global spread of temperate jewelweeds. Northeastern Naturalist, 15: 159-176.
Recent Grants and Awards
- NSF Plant Genome Research Program (2008-2011) Genomics of salinity tolerance in desert Medicago truncatula. PI S. Nuzhdin, UC Davis based lead Co-PI with D. Cook, S Strauss, M. Friesen
- NSF International Research and Education Planning Grant (2008) Genomics of salinity tolerance in Medicago truncatula in Tunisia. PI S. Nuzhdin, Co-PI with D. Cook, S Strauss, M. Friesen.
- NIH National Research Service Award (2007-2009) Genomics of Nickel tolerance in Arabidopsis lyrata