Click here for comparison with past years results on three issues.
1. When will major political change occur in Cuba?
2. Allow companies to sell medicine
3. Allow U.S companies to sell food
4. Support U.S. military action to overthrow
5. Support exile military action to overthrow
6. Support human rights groups inside Cuba
7. Establish national dialogue
8. Prohibit U.S. companies from doing business with Cuba
9. Overall how well has embargo worked?
10. Favor or oppose continuing embargo
11. No. of Cubans getting visas to live in US should increase or decrease
12. Penalizing foreign companies doing business in Cuba
13. Allow to sue for seized property
14. How much have you heard about Helms-Burton?
15. Helms-Burton good or bad as way to bring change in Cuba?
16. President or the U.S. Congress decide when embargo ends
17. Which more important: free elections or free market economy?
18. After Fidel how involved should U.S. be in Cuba?
19. After Fidel should next president of Cuba be exile or person living in Cuba?
20. What effect visit of Pope to Cuba
21. What effect on US economy of embargo end and more trade
22. Allow travel to visit relatives
23. Allow travel just to visit
24. Prefer to get news in Spanish or in English
25. Where do you get most of your news about Cuba
26. Good or bad for CNN to have bureau in Cuba
27. Good or bad for Miami Herald to have bureau in Cuba
28. How important position on Cuba for your vote in elections
29. All points of view are being heard in Miami now?
30. How feel about ban on music from Cuba on radio
31. How feel about decision re Montanes
32. Your opinion on these issues reflects community how much
33. Would return to Cuba if better economy?
34. Would return to Cuba if democratic government?
34A. Would go return to Cuba if both?
35. If new government in Cuba would more people come to US?
36. How feel about decision to deport Nicaraguans
50. Are you a U.S. citizen?
51. Are you registered to vote?
52. Political party
55. Presidential vote
56. Immigration/welfare changes necessary
Revised July 21, 1997 by Hugh Gladwin