Back to Section Plan
Back to Course Contents
ASSIGNMENT 13 Abilities: What you learned
At the end of this unit you should be able to:--
1) Explain the theory of evolution.
2) Distinguish between the different
modes of evolution.
3) Explain the scientific (biological)
concept of origin of Life on Earth.
4) Discuss the theory on the
extraterrestrial origin of Life on Earth.
5) Describe the main diference
between the structure of a living thing and that of a nonliving thing.
6) Give you viewpoint on the
existence of Life on Mars.
7) Explain the role of human
activities in modifying biological diversity of our planet.
8) Distinguish different types
of extinction of species.
9) Explain the possible
causes of mass extinction of biota.
10) Discuss the extinction of
11) Explain the concept of human
12) Give two examples of mass
extinction in the geological past.
13) Give an account on the influence
of humans in the extinction of biota. How are species endangered by humanity?