Southeast Environmental Research Program
Department of Chemistry
Florida International University
Miami, Florida 33199
FAX (305) 348-4096
E-mail - email@example.com
(2) R. Jaffé and R. Hites, 1985, Identification of new fluorinated biphenyls in the Niagara River - Lake Ontario area. Environ. Sci. Technol., 19, 736-740.
(3) R. Jaffé, B. Eitzer, E. Stemmler and R. Hites, 1985, Anthropogenic organic compounds in sedentary fish from Lakes Superior and Huron tributaries. J. Great Lakes Res., 11, 156-162.
(4) R. Jaffé and R. Hites, 1986, Anthropogenic polyhalogenated organic compounds in non migratory fish from the Niagara River area and tributaries to Lake Ontario. J. Great Lakes Res., 12, 63-71.
(5) R. Jaffé and R. Hites, 1986, Fate of hazardous waste derived organic compounds in Lake Ontario. Environ. Sci. Technol., 20, 167-174.
(6) R. Jaffé, P. Albrecht and J. Oudin, 1988, Carboxylic acids as indicators of oil migration - I: Occurrence and geochemical significance of C-22 diastereomers of the (17b,21b)C-30 hopanoic acid in geological samples. Org. Geochem., 13, 483-488.
(7) R. Jaffé, P. Albrecht and J. Oudin, 1988, Carboxylic acids as indicators of oil migration - II: Case of the Mahakam Delta, Indonesia. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta, 52, 2599-2607.
(8) R. Jaffé and P. Gardinali, 1990, Generation and maturation of carboxylic acids in ancient sediments from the Maracaibo Basin, Venezuela. Org. Geochem., 16, 211-218.
(9) R. Jaffé, 1991, Fate of hydrophobic organic pollutants in the aquatic environment: A review. Environ. Poll., 69, 237-257.
(10) R. Jaffé and G. A. Wolff, 1991, A preliminary investigation of dissolved and particle associated lipids in a "blackwater" river, Venezuela. Organic Geochemistry: Applications in Energy and the Natural Environment, D. Manning (Editor), Manchester University Press, pp.518.
(11) R. Jaffé, C.A. Fernandez and J. Alvarado, 1992, Analyses of heavy metals in octocorals by microwave acid digestion and electrothermal atomic absorption spectrometry, Talanta, 39, 113-117.
(12) R. Jaffé, P. Gardinali and G. Wolff, 1992, Evolution of carboxylic acids and alkanes in rocks from the Maracaibo Basin, Venezuela. Organic Geochem., 18,195-201.
(13) Eckardt C., Pearce G., Keely B., Kowalewska G., Jaffé R. and Maxwell J., 1992, A widespread chloropyll transformation pathway in the aquatic environment, Advances in Organic Geochemistry 1991, Organic Geochem., 19, 217-227.
(14) Jaffé K. et al., 1993, Chemical ecology of the palm weevil Rhynchophorus palmarum (L.) (Coleoptera: Curculionidae): Attraction to host plants and to a male-produced aggregation pheromone, J. Chem. Ecol., 19 (8), 1703-1720.
(15) Jaffé R., Cabrera A., Hausmann K and Carvajal H., 1993, On the origin and fate of n-alkane-2-ones in freshwater environments, Organic Geochemistry: Applications in Energy and the Natural Environment, pp. 356-359.
(16) Jaffé R., Benitez F. and Bojus S., 1993, Assessment of eutrophication chronology via sediment core analyses: Case of Lake Valencia, Venezuela, Fresenius Environ. Bull., 2 (10), 602-607.
(17) Jaffé R. and M. Gallardo, 1993, Application of carboxylic acids biomarkers as indicators of biodegradation and migration of crude oils from the Maracaibo Basin, Venezuela. Organic Geochem. , 20(7), 973-984.
(18) Jaffé R., Carero H., Cabrera A and Alvarado J., 1993, Organic compounds and heavy metals in the atmosphere of the city of Caracas, Venezuela - 1: Atmospheric particles, Air, Water & Soil Poll., 71,293-313.
(19) Jaffé R., Cabrera A., Carero H and Alvarado J., 1993, Organic compounds and heavy metals in the atmosphere of the city of Caracas, Venezuela - 2: Atmospheric deposition, Air, Water & Soil Poll., 71, 315-329.
(20) Fuentes H., Tsihrintzis V. and Jaffé R., A hemispheric network as a vehicle for education, training and technology transfer in water resources projects, Proceedings of the Interamerican Dialogue on Water Management, Miami, October 1993.
(21) Furton K. G., Huang C. W., Jaffé R. and Sicre M. A., 1994, High temperature supercritical fluid extraction of hydrocarbons from geological samples and comparison to soxhlet extraction, J. High Res. Chrom., 17, 1-3.
(22) Alli A., Jaffé R. and Jones R., 1994, Analysis of organomercurials in sediments by capillary column gas chromatography with atomic fluorescence detection, J. High Res. Chrom., 17, 745-748.
(23) Jaffé R. and Hausmann K., 1995, Origin and fate of arborinone in sediments of a highly productive lake, Org. Geochem., 22, 231-235
(24) Jones R. D., Jacobson M. E., Jaffé R., West-Thomas J., Arfson C. and Alli A., 1995, Method development and sample processing of water, soil and tissue for the analysis of total and organic mercury by cold vapor atomic fluorescence spectrometry, Water, Air and Soil Poll., 80, 1285-1294.
(25) Jaffé R., Espiño R., Benitez F. and Gardinali P. R., 1995, Pollution Chronology of Lake Valencia, Venezuela, Bull. Envir. Cont. Toxicol., 54, 930-936.
(26) Furton K. G., Chen L. and Jaffé R., 1995, Rapid determination of uranium on soild matrices by synergistic in-situ chelation supercritical fluid extraction and UV absorption spectroscopy, Anal. Chim. Acta, 304, 203-208.
(27) Jaffé R., Leal I., Alvarado J., Gardinali P. and Sericano J., 1995, Pollution effects of the Tuy River on the central Venezuelan coast: Anthropogenic organic compounds and heavy metals in Tivela macroidea, Marine Poll. Bull., 30, 820-825.
(28) Fuentes H. R., Jaffé R., Tsihrintzis V. A. and Boje D., 1995, The fate of a crude oil spill in simulated subtropical ocean waters, in: Water Pollution III: Modelling, measuring and prediction, L.C. Wrobel & P. Latinopoulos Eds., Computational Mechanics Publications, Boston, pp. 245-251.
(29) Fuentes H. R., Jaffé R., Tsihrintzis V. A. and Boje D., 1995, Weathering effect on the dispersion of a heavy crude oil, Proceedings of the First International Conference on Water Resources Engineering, San Antonio, Texas.
(30) Jaffé R. and Elismé T., 1995, Molecular evidence for anaerobic micro-environments in rain forest soils, Organic Geochemistry: Developments & Applications in Energy, Climate, Environment and Human History, 1995, pp. 690.
(31) Jaffé R., Chen L., Huang C.W., Hajje N., Furton K.G. and Sicre M.A, 1995, An investigation on hydrocarbon speciation in ancient sediments by stepwise supercritical carbon dioxide extraction at various temperatures: Preliminary results, Organic Geochemistry: Developments & Applications in Energy, Climate, Environment and Human History, 1995, pp. 796.
(32) Harradine P.J., Peajman T.M., Eckardt C.B., Jaffé R. and Maxwell J.R., 1995, Pyrophaeophorbide a esterified to a C32 Hopanol: A novel Cyanobacterial marker, Harradine P. et al., Organic Geochemistry: Developments & Applications in Energy, Climate, Environment and Human History, 1995, pp. 921.
(33) Jaffé R., Wolff G., Cabrera A. and Carvajal-Chitty, 1995, Biogeochenistry of lipids in rivers from the Orinoco basin,Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta., 59, 4507-4522.
(34) Fuentes H. R., Jaffé R., Tsihrintzis V. A. and Boje D., 1996, Experimental simulation of weathering and dispersion of a crude oil in coastal waters, J. Mar. Environ. Eng., 3, 15-30.
(35) Jaffé R., Elismé T. and Cabrera A.C., 1996, Organic geochemistry of seasonally flooded rainforest soils: Molecular composition and early diagenesis of lipid components,Org. Geochem., 25, 9-17.
(36) Cai Y., Jaffé R. , Alli A. and Jones R., 1997, Determination of organic mercury compounds in natural waters by solid phase extraction and capillary gas chromatography with atomic fluorescence detection, Anal. Chim. Acta., 334, 251-259.
(37) Ferreira O.G., Fuentes H.R., Jaffé R. and Furton K.G., Supercritical fluid extraction of PAHs from aquifer materials, Hazard. Ind. Wastes, 29, 273-281.
(38) Cai Y., Jaffé R. and Jones R., 1997, On the occurrence of ethylmercury in the Florida Everglades, Environ. Sci. Technol., 31, 302-305.
(39) Jaffé R., Cabrera A., Hajje N. and Carvajal-Chitty H., 1997, Organic biogeochemistry of a hypereutrophic tropical freshwater lake - Part 1: Particle associated and dissolved lipids,Org. Geochem., 25, 227-240.
(40) Jaffé R., Diaz D., Hajje N., Chen L., Eckardt C. and Furton K.G., 1997, Hydrocarbon speciation in ancient sediments studied by stepwise supercritical carbon dioxide extraction,Org. Geochem., 26, 59-65.
(41) Jaffé R., Cai Y., West-Thomas J., Morales M.B. and Jones R.D., 1997, On the occurrence of methyl mercury in Lake Valencia, Venezuela. Bull.. Environ. Contam. Toxicol., 59, 99-105.
(42) Jaffé R., Gong Y. and Furton K.G., 1997, Temperature effects on supercritical carbon dioxide extractions of hydrocarbons from geological samples, J. High. Res. Chromat., 20, 586-590.
(43) Lang Q., Jaffé R., Rogge W. and Zhang Q., 1997, Analysis and evaluation of atmospheric organic pollution. III. Monitoring and analyses of atmospheric organic pollution in the Miami area, USA, Rock and Mineral Analysis, 16(2), 118-127 (in Chinese).
(44) Alvarado J. and Jaffé R., 1998, Tube in flame atomization: A way of enhancing detection limits in flame atomic absorption spectrometry, Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry, 13, 37-40.
(45) Cai Y., Monsalud S., Furton K.G., Jaffé R. and Jones R., 1998, Determination of methylmercury in fish and aqueous samples using solid-phase microextraction followed by gas chromatography-atomic fluorescence spectrometry, Applied Organometallic Chem. 12, 565-569.
(46) Cai Y., Tang G., Jaffé R. and Jones R.D., 1998, Evaluation of some isolation methods for organomercury determination in soil and fish samples by capillary gas chromatography - atomic fluorescence spectrometry. Int. J. Environ. Anal. Chem., 68, 331-345.
(47) Jaffé R., Leal I., Alvarado J., Gardinali P.R. and Sericano J., 1998, Baseline study on the levels of organic pollutants and heavy metals in bivalves of Morrocoy National Park, Venezuela. Marine Poll. Bull., 36, 925-929.
(48) Alvarado J. and Jaffé R., 1998, Determination of lead by atomic absorption spectrometry using tube in flame atomization and solid sampling, Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry, 13, 1297-1300.
(49) Cai Y., Jaffé R. and Jones R., 1999, Interaction between dissolved organic carbon and mercury species in surface waters of the Florida Everglades. Applied Geochemistry, 14, 395-407.
(50) Jaffé R., Diaz D., Furton K.G. and Lafarge E., 1999, High temperature supercritical carbon dioxide extractions of geological samples: Trapped vs. pyrolytic hydrocarbons. in press to Applied Geochemistry.
(51) Simoneit B.R.T., Rogge W., Lang Q. and Jaffé R., 1999, Molecular characterization of woodsmoke from campfire burning of pine wood (Pinus elliottii), in press Chemosphere.
(52) Shen L. and Jaffé R., 1999, Interactions between dissolved petroleum hydrocarbons and pure and humic acid coated mineral surfaces in artificial seawater, in press Marine Environmental Research.