||International Student and Scholar Services
As part of a regular feature, one department in Student Affairs will be in the spotlight each month. This month we spotlight the Office of International Student and Scholar services
University Park Campus Staff
Left to Right: Barbara Bormey (J-1 Coordinator), Ted Randall (Associate Director), Jessica Larsen (Advisor), Evelyn Rodriguez (Assistant Director), Dr. Ana Sippin (Director), Margarita Zapata (Secretary), Alicia Alfonso (Secretary)
Biscayne Bay Campus staff
Left to right: Christine Bodhidatta (former Graduate Assistant). Andre Dawson (Student Assistant), Georgia Zavalis (Senior Secretary), Anoush McNamee (Assistant Director), Nancy Hernandez (BBC Director), Richard Jason Dapko (Graduate Assistant), Julie Wilbers (Coordinator).
The Office of International Scholar and Student Services provides advising services to international student and scholars on immigration, legal, personal, cultural, social and financial issues.
ISSS is committed to enhancing the academic, social, and personal interactions of our international students and scholars at FIU.
ISSS will provide the necessary support to our students and scholars so that they may reach their personal and educational objectives.
- Advises over 2800 international students from over 135 countries.
- Offers a separate Immigration Orientation program every semester for all newly-admitted or transfer international student that covers international student issues.
- Provides immigration advising, financial, cross-cultural and academic counseling to international students. Referrals are made, as necessary.
- Provides up to date information on F1/J1 regulations that govern the legal immigration status of international students and scholars.
- Offers social and cultural activities throughout the academic year, in conjunction with the International Student Club (ISC). ISC website: http://isss.fiu.edu/
- Offers an International Peer Mentors program to provide support for international students who are new to FIU.
- Offices located at University Park GC 355 and at Biscayne Bay Campus WUC 363.