[ Back to Home ] | [ Archive ]
Members of the Division Present at Professional Conferences
Congratulations to all who presented programs or papers this past year at professional conferences. We are proud to have you representing FIU and The Division of Student Affairs.
- Dr. Cheryl Nowell, Chief Bill King, Sherry Aaron and Karen Dlhosh presented “Orchestrating a Response to Behavioral Concerns”, at the Southern Association for College Student Affairs/NASPA III Region Conference, November 2009.
- Christina Fisher Reddick presented “Summer Camp Anyone? The Fun Way to Generate Additional Revenue and Increase Profit”, at the Athletic Business Conference & Expo, 2008.
- Edwin Ryan Graduate Assistant for Fitness presented “Energy” at the Leading Decision 2.0 – Executive Leadership Development, sponsored by FIU Center for Leadership, February 2010.
- Sheetal Sujan and Yisell Cirion presented at The 2010 FCPA Conference: “Self Awareness for Career Development: Exploration of Programs Through the use of Career Assessments”, June 2010.
- Kyra Spence presented at The 2010 FCPA Conference, “Shedding Light on Current Technology Trends”, June 2010.
- Darren Gregory presented at The 2010 FCPA Conference, “Shining the Light on Special Populations”, June 2010.
- Carolyn Meeker presented at The 2010 FCPA Conference, “Outreach Programming/Student Leaders”, June 2010.
- Carolyn Meeker moderated a panel discussion for Career Services professionals and Government representatives at the Federal Government Statewide Conference, June 2010.
- Ivette Duarte and Larry Martinez presented at The 2010 FCPA Conference. “ Where the Jobs Are: The Key to Federal Employment” June 2010
COUNSELING AND PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES
- Dr. Cheryl Nowell and Dr. T. Sevig presented, “Multicultural Organizational Development in Counseling Centers,” at the Association of University College Counseling Center Directors (AUCCD) National Conference, October 2009.
- Dr. Lilian Odera presented a paper: “Mental Health of Kenyan Immigrants in the US: Impact of Acculturative Stress, Religious Coping, Social Support, & Demographics,” at United States Conference on African Immigrant Health – USCAIH in 2010.
ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION
- Dr. Consuelo Boronat, presented “Answering the $100,000 question: Use of early, institutional data for guiding successful grant applications” at the Association for Institutional Research Annual Conference, May 2010.
- Dr. Consuelo Boronat, A. Donnelly, J. Hightower, F. Jones, & A. Rosales at Florida International University Title V Program: Assessment of a $2.5M 5-year grant. In Evaluating Minority Programs from K-20: Perspectives from Directors and Administrators, Symposium conducted at the American Evaluation Association Annual Meeting, November 2009.
- Dr. Consuelo Boronat, D. Bifano, C. Fullerton, & S. Grinstead, Alumni Reflections. In V. Baker (Chair), Alumni Panel Discussion. Symposium at the Educational Leadership Enhancement Program, October 2009.
HOUSING AND RESIDENTIAL LIFE
- Gisela Vega presented at The 2010 ACUHO-I Annual Conference and Exposition, “Resume Writing: Graduate Preparation Programs – Choosing the right graduate programs STARS Faculty”, 2010.
- Sue Beebe presented at The 2009 ACUHO-I Business Operations Conference, “Bridging the Budget Gap”, 2009.
CENTER FOR LEADERSHIP & SERVICE
CAMPUS LIFE & ORIENTATION
- Angel Garcia presented “Elephants & Onions – CAMPUSPEAK” at St. Leo University, August 2010.
- Angel Garcia presented “LeaderShape National Session” at the University of Georgia, June 2010.
- Angel Garcia presented “Developing Leadership in an Alternative Break Program” at James Madison University, May 2010.
- Craig Cunningham presented at the Association for the Promotion of Campus Activities Advisor’s Institute, “Large Scale Programming Through Collaborations and Partnerships”, January 2010.
- Dr. Vicky Owles presented at the ACPA National Conference, “The Experiences of Cuban American Women and the Influences on Identity Development” 2010.
- Dr. Vicky Owles and Danny Anzueto presented at the Southern Regional Orientation Workshop (SROW), “Yay For Gay”, March 2010.
- Dr. Vicky Owles and Danny Anzueto presented at the Southern Regional Orientation Workshop (SROw), “That’s So Gay”, March 2010.